GOD HAS BLESSED US AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Jake turns 1

On January 15th we had Jake's 1st Birthday party at our house. We had planned on a sock monkey party and I was very excited about the decorations I had ordered from Etsy. I got Dawn Davis to make his cake.. the same person that had made Luke's Handy Manny cake. Jody's parents came into town on Thursday night and had offered to watch the boys so I could do errands and get ready for the party on Friday. With all the ice/snow we had I was unable to do any errands that week. I was a little concerned about having the party at our house because I am so OCD about everything being in its place but it seemed like the best option. You can see my other post about me being sick to get all the details but I did go to the ER in the middle of the night and did not get home until around 7:30am. The party was to be at 10:30 and we had originally planned to wake up and get ready at 6:30am so we were already behind. My family was so great and all stepped into action in hanging decorations, making food, cleaning up, etc. I was so out of it from being on the pain medicine and also being in pain and so tired that I was not much help. The party went really well and it seemed like everyone had a great time. Jake got so many great gifts. Luke had a hard time realizing that it was Jake's party and wanted to open all the presents for him. Luckily Jake did not seem to mind. Jake was a little slow in getting into the cake but once he figured it out he dug in. It was a great time with family and friends and we are so thankful that you were all able to share in this very special day! Even if it did not go as I had originally planned it was a very fun day! Fast forward a few days and I was admitted to the hospital. Jake's actual birthday was Tuesday the 18th and I was in the hospital and unable to see him. This just broke my heart. Jody had already planned to take off the day and so we could have a fun family day. I know he did not know it was his birthday so that made it a little better but who wants to miss their child's first birthday! We had a celebration this past Saturday instead. We took the boys to Chick Fil A to play and then went to dinner at Red Robin. We then came home and had him open his presents from us. A few days late but still just as special since we were all together.

What you are up to:
1. wanting to feed yourself with a spoon
2. sleeping through the night- since I had to wean you being in the hospital
3. taking longer naps during the morning/afternoon
4. climbing on top of everything
5. getting really good at walking... more and more steps each day
6. love to share your drink and food with Mo
7. love to EAT... especially right when you wake up. You are starving!
8. starting to drink whole milk more.. thanks to a little danimals yogurt smoothie mixed in
9. love to repeat sounds and noises
10. think it is so funny if your brother is getting disciplined about sharing with you
11. laugh at us if we tell you "no"
12. love being held and snuggled with... would rather be carried around everywhere
13. one molar has come in and others are showing signs of trying to break through
14. your hair is growing longer and getting thicker.. almost time for that first haircut!



Photobucket

No comments: