Yep.. that is right.. we are moving!! What a whirlwind the last month has been. Jody was offered a new job mid November and he accepted and the crazyness began. Cullman is 45 miles north of Birmingham which puts us right at 50 minutes from my parents and 30 minutes from my brother. We will be about an hour closer to both my sister and most of Jody's family. We have wanted to move back to Alabama for a long time but it was just not in God's timing until now. It has just been an amazing blessing how all the pieces have fallen into place. Before he was offered the job our thought was always that we would rent our house in Atlanta out and therefore rent another house until the market changed. Well.. in Cullman the school system is #2 in the state so people are not moving and so therefore the need to rent is not there. We did look at a few rentals but they were just not right for us. We found a house that we knew would be a good transition house and are now in the process of buying it. We have a realtor that will be the property manager for our house here and just in the last week we received a verbal commitment for a renter. Our house has only been on the market for 1 week so that in itself was a HUGE answered prayer. We hope to get the signed contract this week so then we can really breathe easier.
My company is going to allow me to still work for them but from Alabama. I cannot say how truly thankful I am for that. To have the one constant makes me at such peace. Please keep us in your prayers as we follow God's lead in this new journey.
Jody has already started at his new company and the boys and I are still in Atlanta. We are trying to coordinate the move, and wrap some things up here before we move. Our new house does not have a closing date just yet so Jody is living in a hotel. A 4 and 2 year old boy cannot live in a hotel... we went and visited for a weekend and I thought the walls were caving in :) If the renter for our home here works out then they would like to move in on January 7th. The boys and I will then go to Birmingham to live with my parents until our new house is ready.
I cannot say how much I will miss all of our wonderful friends here in Atlanta and our church and just the life we have made here. No matter how much things about my house used to get on my nerves the thought of leaving is so hard. I know this change will be good and will be a really great place to raise our boys. Just the change will be hard... we have found a new church that we like, a preschool for the boys, and now we just need to meet people and make it our home!
I keep moving forward and trying not to think about the change because when I do the tears begin to fall... like today at church.. it was the next to last time I would be going. Everything has been moving along so quickly that I know when we get moved into our new house I will stop and think.. WOW we really did this.. after 10+ years in Atlanta we are back in Alabama.
My company is going to allow me to still work for them but from Alabama. I cannot say how truly thankful I am for that. To have the one constant makes me at such peace. Please keep us in your prayers as we follow God's lead in this new journey.
Jody has already started at his new company and the boys and I are still in Atlanta. We are trying to coordinate the move, and wrap some things up here before we move. Our new house does not have a closing date just yet so Jody is living in a hotel. A 4 and 2 year old boy cannot live in a hotel... we went and visited for a weekend and I thought the walls were caving in :) If the renter for our home here works out then they would like to move in on January 7th. The boys and I will then go to Birmingham to live with my parents until our new house is ready.
I cannot say how much I will miss all of our wonderful friends here in Atlanta and our church and just the life we have made here. No matter how much things about my house used to get on my nerves the thought of leaving is so hard. I know this change will be good and will be a really great place to raise our boys. Just the change will be hard... we have found a new church that we like, a preschool for the boys, and now we just need to meet people and make it our home!
I keep moving forward and trying not to think about the change because when I do the tears begin to fall... like today at church.. it was the next to last time I would be going. Everything has been moving along so quickly that I know when we get moved into our new house I will stop and think.. WOW we really did this.. after 10+ years in Atlanta we are back in Alabama.
1 comment:
Congrats on the move back to Alabama!
Post a Comment