

Luke is now 6 weeks old and continues to grow and change each week. Last week we had a busy week going to lunch with friends, going to Jody's work to visit, and some play dates with friends that have babies. The most exciting thing was that we moved Luke to his crib on Friday night. He had been sleeping in the pack/play in our room but Thursday night he turned himself 1/2 way around where his head and feet were all crammed into the side. We decided it was time to make the move. I was sad at first because it made me think he was growing up but it turned out fine. He has been sleeping an average of around 6-7 hours at night. We will put him to bed after his last feeding around 10 and it will usually take him around 20 minutes to fall asleep. He then will wake up around 5ish to eat again. He does not cry in his crib but he will just be grunting around in there. Then once I feed him around 5 he goes back to sleep until around 8am. He continues to be such a good baby and we are so blessed.
Friday night we had some bad weather in Atlanta. When we went to bed from what the weather forecast said it had all passed through. So we put Luke to bed in his crib and then we went to sleep. We had the monitor in our room so we could listen to him. At around 2am I woke up to the monitor beeping. It took me a few minutes to realize that the power had gone out so the monitor was losing its charge. I thought- Of all the nights for this to happen it had to be the first night we put our 6 week old baby in his crib. So I get a flashlight and go and check on Luke and he is sound asleep. I then decided to sleep in the glider in his room so that I could listen for him since we did not have the monitor. The joys of motherhood :) The power came back on around 5:30 just about the time I needed to feed Luke so that was a blessing in itself. You will see a few pictures below of Luke sleeping and then awake. The sleeping picture is Friday night once he fell asleep and the awake picture is Saturday morning to say, "see mom, I survived :)"
No comments:
Post a Comment