GOD HAS BLESSED US AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

17 months



(ignore the yogurt spilling out of his mouth)
Luke turned 17 months last weekend. We were in Opp for the weekend and unfortunately Luke was sick. He started running a fever Saturday night and it continued until Monday. Jody took him to the doctor and they said he had childhood bronchitis... he was given a breathing treatment and then given an inhaler and a portable mask/tube to continue the treatments. We have had to do these 3 times per day all week. He is usually really good at doing them but he has his times where he just pulls it away or bites the mask, etc. This is definitely a time when you need more hands. Trying to hold the mask, his arms, his face, and pump the inhaler is quite the challenge. His cough is still bad but we go for a follow up visit on Tuesday. I don't hear any wheezing so that is a good thing. Jody and I both got sick as well.. no fun!! We are all feeling better and no more fever.

Luke stayed home with Jody on Monday but returned to school on Tuesday. I dropped him off around 9:30 after letting us both sleep in :) I get a call around 11:30 from his school. They said we have good news and not so good news... my heart dropped. The good news was that he did well for them with his breathing treatment. The not so good news was he was bitten by a classmate on the cheek. The director said they were playing with the same toy and unfortunately Luke was bitten. I felt so bad for him knowing he was not feeling the best and then he gets hurt at school. I appreciated the call and the heads up. That afternoon I went to pick him up and let me tell you that I was so shocked by what I saw. I could not believe someone had bit him and made such a mark. I told the director that I was so thankful for the call because I would have been very upset. They have a privacy policy where they dont tell either parent who it was. I quickly gave them permission to show the other parent what had happened because with a bite that bad the parent needs to be correcting this behavior at home. The other sad thing is that the same child bit Luke on the wrist earlier that day. I have included a few pictures of the bite. It is looking so much better and more like a bruise. He never acted like it bothered him besides his inital scream for help!

We are looking forward to a better week with no bites and hopefully feeling much better!!

No comments: