Jake turned 8 months this month and Luke turned 31 months. I had been updating on what was happening the previous month but I was starting to confuse myself so I decided to just get caught up. I let this blog stress me out and so I am trying to just relax and update as I actually find the time. I want to have milestones and pictures documented and this seems to be the best way. We take lots and lots of pictures but sitting down on the computer and actually uploading them to the blog is a whole different story. I still cannot believe it is October... where did the summer go.
Here are some of the milestones reached since the last update.
Jake:
*crawling everywhere
*pulling up on everything and mastered sitting down from the standing position
*started chewing on his crib rail so we bought a teething cover (we bought convertible cribs for both boys and expect them to last them well into their teen years- guess his will just have a few teeth marks)
*took the boys on their first wagon ride together
*says "da da" all the time... I keep working with him on mama
*lights up with the biggest laugh and smile when his brother pays him attention.
*wants to be as big as his brother
* crawls towards you and if you dont pick him up he will lay his head down on the floor and cry- will break your heart
*starting to eat pieces of foods... muffins, bread, cheerios, carrots, peas
* moves down objects while standing (the ottoman)
*will transition to the crawler room at daycare as of 10/5
*waking 1 time during the night
*he gets roughed up a lot by Luke.. Luke will start out by tickling him and rolling around with him and then before you know it Luke will be on top of him. He will still be laughing but mommy is not. Luke will be running around and swinging toys and it never fails that he will hit Jake... Jake is pretty tough!
Luke:
* Had his 30 month check up- he was 40 inches tall and 37 lbs. He is still at the 99% percentile
* He is talking more and more- full sentences...."that sound"- in trying to ask what a noise was, "where Jake goes" , "I got this", "I see Bella, I see Mo, I see...", holding my water bottle he said, " I want go play tennis", "watch this", walking through the store he said, "that path ma, that path.. wanting me to go down a different aisle, "go eat breakfast", "I tired too" (if i tell him Jake is tired and going for a nap), "no potty, no potty","roll tide"-unfortunately for me (Jody was saying Go Bama to the tv and here Luke comes running in the kitchen yelling "roll tide"), " I want juice.. yellow for apple juice and blue for powerade.. " he still mainly drinks water with a splash of juice.
* He now calls me "ma" and Jody "da"
*He loves to play with his tools and tries to fix everything
*He loves to clean (Jody says he got this from me)... although I hate to clean but do it all the time *He is eating more foods... we seem to have finally hit a point where he will at least try new things. Not always but he is opening up some
* We have hit the "mine" stage... we never use this word but I am guessing that he learned it from someone at school. Now anything Jake touches he runs over and yells out "mines" It frustrates me so much and we continue to tell him that if he does not share then he will not be able to play with it either... It is going to be a hard lesson but hopefully through consistency we will get there.
* He loves to get in his brother's face and to tickle his cheeks and to make him laugh. It will get a little rough sometimes but his brother seems to love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment