Where oh where does the time go! Our first baby turned 3 years old last month! I can really remember like yesterday him being so little. He learns new things everyday and his vocabulary just blows me away! His birthday was on February 25th and so we had a family day. We took him to Chuck E Cheese and enjoyed some games and pizza. After nap time we had him open his presents from us. He got a new red bike and spider man helmet, a turtle that shines stars on the ceiling(this is probably his favorite gift), some sticker and wipe off books, and some new tennis shoes. We planned his party for Saturday and we met at Monkey Joes and had the kids play for about an hour and a half and then went next door to Pepperoni's Pizza for pizza and cupcakes. Before having kids you often hear about the terrible twos.. once you have kids most parents tell me it is not the two's but the threes that will get you. I think it all has to do with them wanting to be more independent and still struggling with how to express things. There is a lot of frustration on their part. Overall we have transitioned into being 3 pretty easily with just a few bumps here and there. We are full force into potty training and just this week we learned that Luke will be moving into the next classroom. He still does not have going poop in the potty down but everyone says that will come with time. A few accidents here and there but overall he is doing really well. If we can just get to the point where he tells us he needs to go. We still have to remind him and pretty much tell him it is time to go.
Some things you are saying these days:
1. Get away from me... probably one of the most difficult things for us to hear. This is usually when you are telling him something he does not want to hear. We are guessing he learned this at school because we do not say this. We are working everyday to remove this from the vocabulary!
2. Jakey poo... our little nickname for Jake. So cute to hear you say this!
3. night night Jake- when you ask to get out the play doh or something that Jake cant play with.. we will say that you have to wait for jake to go to bed. You immediately say "night night Jake"
4. Love you
5. I am now Mommy once again.. after being "Ma" for a little I much prefer to be Mommy
6. You still love to be carried... carry me, carry me up
7. you are ultra sensitive.. boo boos, feelings get hurt
8. You have two blankets that you love to carry with you.. one brown tiger and one green frog.. you call them your dogs??
9. My tummy hurts, my ear hurts- such a change for you to be able to tell us what is wrong
10. "Oh yes"- your response when asked to do something
11. " I watch a show.. I watch Dora... Max and Ruby
12. "I'm a big boy"
13. If I say we need to hurry.. he says no go slow
14. I play my game
15. I not sure, you stay right here- I do it myself
16. He knows most of his shapes, can count to 13, knows some of his letters, and all basic colors
17. He was calling a sandwich a "which san" now it is a sandwich- peanut butter and jelly only!
= pictures to come soon!
Some things you are saying these days:
1. Get away from me... probably one of the most difficult things for us to hear. This is usually when you are telling him something he does not want to hear. We are guessing he learned this at school because we do not say this. We are working everyday to remove this from the vocabulary!
2. Jakey poo... our little nickname for Jake. So cute to hear you say this!
3. night night Jake- when you ask to get out the play doh or something that Jake cant play with.. we will say that you have to wait for jake to go to bed. You immediately say "night night Jake"
4. Love you
5. I am now Mommy once again.. after being "Ma" for a little I much prefer to be Mommy
6. You still love to be carried... carry me, carry me up
7. you are ultra sensitive.. boo boos, feelings get hurt
8. You have two blankets that you love to carry with you.. one brown tiger and one green frog.. you call them your dogs??
9. My tummy hurts, my ear hurts- such a change for you to be able to tell us what is wrong
10. "Oh yes"- your response when asked to do something
11. " I watch a show.. I watch Dora... Max and Ruby
12. "I'm a big boy"
13. If I say we need to hurry.. he says no go slow
14. I play my game
15. I not sure, you stay right here- I do it myself
16. He knows most of his shapes, can count to 13, knows some of his letters, and all basic colors
17. He was calling a sandwich a "which san" now it is a sandwich- peanut butter and jelly only!
= pictures to come soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment