Monday we took Jake to the dr. for the dreaded check up. I enjoy getting to see how much he weighs and how tall he is but the shots are never fun! We were supposed to do a vision test but it was late in the day and he was not having it. They will try again at 9 months. The same thing happened at Luke's 6 month appt. They want to put these electrodes on their head and a patch over their eye and then they are to watch a tv... what 6 month old wants to do that and especially when they are tired! Jake was such a trooper with the shots... a small cry and then we gave him tylenol when we got home. Seems to be doing just fine. We did ask about him waking in the night because he continues to wake up every 3 hours. The dr. suggested shortening his feedings each night until he decides that it is no longer worth his time to wake up.. he also mentioned that he is convinced that some babies just dont want to sleep through the night until 9 or 10 months... plus with all his new skills (crawling and pulling up) and his teeth coming in... He weighed in at 19lbs and 13 oz which puts him in the 69th percentile for weight and 28.5 inches which is 85th percentile for height. I need to look back at Luke's weight at this age but I know he was several pounds heavier.. he was also over 30 inches at this age.
Side note: last night Jake went to bed at 7:45 and then woke up at 11:30... I fed him for about 6 minutes and then put him back into his crib.. he fussed for a few minutes so I patted him and then he did not wake up again until 6:30... Lets hope and pray this is the start of more restful nights!!
No comments:
Post a Comment