After we ran the Nashville Half Marathon in April we talkedabout trying to find another race to do together. Fairhope (where my sisterlives) was having their first marathon/half marathon/5k to benefit TeenChallenge and so we decided we would train for it and run September 30th.My mom and I ran the half marathon and Lea and Melanie ran the 5k. I had notbeen able to run as much and as long as I had hoped for in preparing for the race but it turned out that I paced myself and felt the best of any of the races I have done once it was over. We made it a girls weekend and watched a chick flick Friday night, shopped around Fairhope on Saturday and ate lunch at a wonderful little café, and then the rain had moved in so we headed home to watch some football and rest up because the race started Sunday morning at 7am. The course was hilly and it started raining pretty steady on mile 9 but I finished feeling good at 2hrs 47minutes! My mom (being the rock star she is)finished at 3 hrs 7 minutes in the pouring rain- the monsoon set in when she was just about finished. We were soaked but so proud of ourselves! This is the only picture we took... we would have taken a finish line picture but we were soaking wet and did not think about it.


No comments:
Post a Comment