GOD HAS BLESSED US AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Luke is 23 months old!


Wow... that is all I can say. Next month our little boy will be 2 years old. Where does the time go. A lot has happened in the last 2 years but I still can't believe Luke will be 2. I am trying to work on some details for his party... as much as I can having a newborn at home. I am a little OCD when it comes to planning so of course I worked on some details prior to Jake's arrival.

Luke has become so independent over the last month. When Jake arrived it made Luke seem so much older. I still try to think of him as my baby but he is really enjoying being a big brother. He tries to help out as much as he can. He loves playing with his new kitchen and he is very methodical when he plays. He will say "this" as he puts different toys in "their" place. It is so funny how his favorite toys are not really toys at all... old business cards... cardboard boxes... baby swing... I was not sure if I had mentioned it before but Luke has 2 blankies that he has to have with him to go to sleep. He calls them "dog" for some reason.. one is a tiger and the other is a frog. He will suck on them like a pacifier. He is talking a lot more as well.. He loves to say "bella" especially now that he can say it so much better. "apple", "jake.. sounds more like cake" , bless (for blessing and bless you), also he can say two... we tried to teach him the number 2 and now all numbers are two. We are trying to teach him one.. again.. and also three. He also has mastered his numbers puzzle. He can put all the numbers in the correct spots.

We love this little boy so much. He brings such joy to our lives and to hear him say "mama" "dada" is enough to melt your heart!!

No comments: